Oneline Conversion

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Oneline Conversion

Postby Matt P » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:11 am

Boys,

All of you with the SS oneline, I guess theres a new part to update your old but new one line system.

I guess there have been some problems with the one line getting stuck in the plastic tube that runs through the chicken loop rope. The one line is getting caught or snagged in the tubing inside the rope, therefore, there is a new quick fix that you can get from slingshot that seems like it takes the line out of the chicken loop rope and places it outisde of the rope.

I have a phone call put in today and we'll see what the conversion kit is and if it costs anything.

personally, I have seen the one line get caught inside the tube, but all you have to do is grab the power, depower housing and pull on it and that seems to release the one line up towards the kite.

I will let you know what I find.

Another quick fix/band aid from Slingshot. :evil:

Man, that crossbow is starting to look really interesting.

Matt P
Matt P
Master of Kite

Postby fire44 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:17 am

Let me know what you find out Matt. I just converted my bar and have not flown it yet.

Rick
fire44
Board Monkey

Postby V » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:03 am

Matt and Rick,

Rick how long did it take you?

Matt, should I wait to do it then? I was going to do it this week.
V
Unstrapped!

Postby Matt P » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:36 pm

Rick,

Call Slingshot's customer service department at 509-493-3979 and tell them that you just intsalled one line and you heard that there was a new stopper ball conversion for the oneline system. They should send it to you to update your installation.

Don't worry, the one line system works fine without the new conversion, if your one line gets stuck a little through the chicken loop after you have engaged it and you are trying to let it out, just pull on the one line housing and that will help release the one line if it is snagged.

V-the installation only takes about 45 mins max.

Matt
Matt P
Master of Kite

Postby Misfit » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:31 pm

The new fix for the oneline does put the line outside the chicken. Basically, it's last years screw down stopper balls with additional holes drilled in the sides for your 5th line to slide through. I got em for my machine but I havent tried em yet. Also, if you are going to stay with the old setup for the oneline, there is a fix for the stopper. Replace the old piece of surgical tubing (about .5 in) with a piece that is about 1.5 in. If you bought the oneline slingshot should provide you with the fix.
Later,
Cory
Misfit
Wind Whore

Postby Matt P » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:13 pm

Always great to see your reply's cory, i figured you probably had this all dialed in.

Hope all is well down in hatteras, keep in touch.

Matt P
Matt P
Master of Kite

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:53 am

V,

don't try to set up the oneline from the beach on a windy day, you'll go crazy watching people ride and will probably screw the thing up...Also the kit has lots of small parts that can get lost in the sand...I set mine up on a dead calm day in the backyard...took about 1hr...see you on sunday

Todd

Postby V » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:52 am

I'm gonna probably set it up later today - I bailed on the trip in favor of dinner and drinks and prob made a stupid move considering the conditions up there right now!
V
Unstrapped!

Postby fire44 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:34 am

Hey Matt thanks for all the information. My line seems to work smoothly so far but I'm sure it will get stuck eventually.

V,
It took me about and hour also. There is no need to remove all the lines when installing like the directions tell you. Leave the outer lines attached, it goes pretty quick.

Later,
Rick
fire44
Board Monkey

Return to Open Forum