body dragging

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

body dragging

Postby klatt » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:23 pm

Had a sweet little sessions with the 21 today. Was slightly underpowered in the early afternoon but was decently powered in the afternoon. Anyway, I lost my board in a jump at one point and had exteme difficulty body dragging back to it. Any suggestions, I had the kite powered at 30 degrees or so with little success.
Kite Crew in Training

Postby kris » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:34 pm

do a search for the keyword "superman" it one of those will have a great description on what to do.

or try this ... t=superman
Boosticus Maximus

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:07 pm

use your lower arm as a rudder while you steer the kite with your upper arm. keep your body straight as well. try to keep the kite lower than thirty degrees...that way a sudden gust won't take you as far down wind.

then slowly bring the kite back up and go the other should be at your board then

always hold the tack a little longer than you think b'c bringing the kite back up and switching directions will make you lose the less you do that the better.

Postby V » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:48 am

klatt, very important to keep the body straight. Make your legs and body rigid and straight with your arm out straight too.

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:04 pm

just forget about it klatt!!

make sure you always ride withsome one so you can borrow their board and go back out and get yours!!

plus bodying dragging with a 21m is not easy anyway.

you know who

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:57 pm

i use my donkey dik as a ruter -works well!

Return to Open Forum