body dragging

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

body dragging

Postby klatt » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:23 pm

Had a sweet little sessions with the 21 today. Was slightly underpowered in the early afternoon but was decently powered in the afternoon. Anyway, I lost my board in a jump at one point and had exteme difficulty body dragging back to it. Any suggestions, I had the kite powered at 30 degrees or so with little success.
klatt
Kite Crew in Training

Postby kris » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:34 pm

do a search for the keyword "superman" it one of those will have a great description on what to do.

or try this

http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com/kiteb ... t=superman
kris
Boosticus Maximus

tips

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:07 pm

use your lower arm as a rudder while you steer the kite with your upper arm. keep your body straight as well. try to keep the kite lower than thirty degrees...that way a sudden gust won't take you as far down wind.

then slowly bring the kite back up and go the other way...you should be at your board then

always hold the tack a little longer than you think b'c bringing the kite back up and switching directions will make you lose ground...so the less you do that the better.

Postby V » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:48 am

klatt, very important to keep the body straight. Make your legs and body rigid and straight with your arm out straight too.
V
Unstrapped!

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:04 pm

just forget about it klatt!!

make sure you always ride withsome one so you can borrow their board and go back out and get yours!!

HA

plus bodying dragging with a 21m is not easy anyway.

you know who

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:57 pm

i use my donkey dik as a ruter -works well!

Return to Open Forum