Chicago KITESWAP meet May 8th 9:00a.m. to sun down

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Are you coming to the Kite swap meet May 8th

I'm coming May 8th
67%
I'll be there in spirit
33%

Total votes : 27

Chicago KITESWAP meet May 8th 9:00a.m. to sun down

Postby adseguy » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:51 am

Hey guys!

We're setting up the Chicago Kiteswap meet again for this year. It's going to be the second weekend in May.

IT'S ON at MILLLER Beach

That's right! Looks like the wind will be coming in NW up to 20 knots. PERFECT!! It's going to be a cold one for sure as the high is 50, but we'll have a good time. Come for an hour and meet some people / try some 2010 kites or come kite all day in some great wind

Date: Saturday May 8th
Time: 9:00a.m. to around 6:00p.m. when the wind/sun dies down.
Where:[url= maps view[/url]

Make sure to respond in the poll above if you are going to make it.

Bring your kites and all your spare gear like straps, pads, fins, broken boards, extra gloves, etc to sell or swap!

Ozone Gear available to demo as well as several instructors and Windigo kulture clothing.
Last edited by adseguy on Fri May 07, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 7 times in total.
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby seblue » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:59 am

I hope its on Saturday I don't think I can get out of Mothers Day on Sunday.
07 SlingShot 15M Link,13M Fuel
6.2 M FelxiFoil Blade, MBS Comp 95 Pro
Sean 630-939-5001
seblue
Resident Windfreak

Postby smpl » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:02 pm

Items I have no use for:

2009 Slingshot RPM 6m Demo Kite as new w/ Bar
2007 Liquid Force Havoc 8m w/ used bar needs canopy repair
2007 Takoon Nova 2 12m KO professional repair
2005 Slingshot Fuel 13m KO professional repair
2005 Slingshot Fuel 11m KO needs canopy repair
2005 Slingshot Fuel 9m KO

Items I am looking for:

pulley bar
12m bow kite in excellent condition w/ good low end (Switchblade/RPM)
small twintip <125cm
skimboard
Last edited by smpl on Tue May 04, 2010 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
smpl
Zen Levitator

Postby Misfit » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:36 pm

Looking for a pulley bar?

I've got one
Forum Nerd. I like to talk a lot but don't get out much.
Misfit
Wind Whore

Postby smpl » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:37 pm

Schiff is giving me his. thanks tho
smpl
Zen Levitator

[b]LIKE TO KITE - DEMO OZONE KITE EQUIPMENT FOR SALE[/b]

Postby Like To Kite » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:58 pm

LIKE TO KITE - DEMO OZONE KITE EQUIPMENT FOR SALE

Hello! Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Montrose Beach Kite Swap on May 8th and 9th! Will definitely bring my kite buggy along for everyone to use. Will be great to have all the toys out! Here's a selection of demo gear that I have for sale. Have super discounted prices on all 2010 Air Foil Kites too, it's that time of year. Please call or email anytime for any further information or to schedule a demo or lesson. Otherwise, see you next weekend!

AIRFOIL KITES – FOR USE ON LAND AND SNOW

2008 6M OZONE ACCESS XT - EXCELLENT CONDITION $550

2008 4M OZONE ACCESS XC - EXCELLENT CONDITION $500

The ultimate personal ski lift. The low aspect ratio Access XC is super stable for learners, anyone in gusty/challenging conditions and unhooked freestylers alike. The Access XC launches and lands easily, has huge depower, direct handling, rock solid stability and features the best safety systems available
The Access XC is the best kite for anyone new to snow or landkiting providing the rider with unequalled peace of mind and security. It’s also the perfect choice at any riding level for those gusty challenging days when stability and safety are the only considerations. Even the most experienced rider should have a smaller sized Access XC in their quiver of kites for those high wind gusty days. Buy this durable and safe kite to learn on and keep it for when you become an expert rider - it’s a win/win purchase in the short and long run at an affordable price.

2009 15M OZONE MANTA II – GOOD CONDITION $950

NEW SET OF LINES – ONLY 2 HRS OF RIDING TIME
SOME WEAR ON ONE BRIDLE LINE
AVAILABLE IN 3 DAYS

The Manta MII is the supreme kite for any experienced kiter. This top of the line high-performance kite is designed to generate massive power and lift while retaining stability throughout the wind range. This kite is made for a skilled rider as you must work the kite in order to obtain optimum performance. The Manta MII will challenge your kite flying skills and leave you feeling happier for it. In light wind you must stroke the kite to gain speed and once it powers up, it just keeps pulling powerfully and progressively. The handling is fast so it is easy to pop and the high aspect ratio profile keeps you up there for a long time. Fast and light handling makes it fun to ride and easy to climb even the most challenging terrain.

2004 2M SLINGSHOT B2 – $40

GOOD CONDITION – HARDLY BEEN FLOWN

The B2 is Slingshot's original 2-line foil trainer kite. The B-2 kite is durable, forgiving and gives people of all ages and abilities an edge in basic flying skills.

(SLE) SUPPORTED LEADING EDGE INFLATABLE KITES

2009 6M OZONE INSTINCT LIGHT XC – NEW CONDITION $800

Perfect condition, has only been flown once. Comes complete with bar, lines, leash, pump, bags, manual, repair kit, etc…

The 6m Light XC is perfect for wave riding, high winds, learning and progression. This is a small kite suitable for light to medium weight riders in high winds. It thrives as a wave kite because of its predictable fast turns and ability to pull away from you as you ride towards the kite which always keeps tension in the lines. It’s ideal for learning new moves and riding unhooked too. The 6m is suitable for all rider weights as a training kite for flying and body dragging without a board. This kite will instill good kite flying habits without the powerful and sometimes dangerous pull of a larger kite even in light to medium winds.

2010 12M OZONE C4 – NEW CONDITION $1300

Perfect condition, has only been flown twice. Comes complete with bar, lines, leash, pump, bags, manual, repair kit, etc…

The C4 really does it all. It can be as hard core as you want but at the same time as forgiving as you might need; it is so easy to use that literally anyone can have a great time on it. The C4 is a grin maker with all the positives of a C shape and none of the negatives.

The C4 is an amazing all rounder because it is so versatile. No question for free-stylers it rocks, great unhooked performance and nice pop. In the waves its outstanding, the c shape gives fast handling and the depower gives you the chance to ride the wave without too much power coming from the kite unless you need it. Super easy instant relaunch, just turn the bar! This is a kite that anyone can use and have an awesome session on no matter where you ride or your level.

HARNESSES

2009 OZONE ACCESS SB (SPREADER BAR) HARNESS - EXCELLENT CONDITION $90

ImageImage

The most comfortable harness I’ve ever worn. The Ozone Access Harness, inspired by rock climbing harnesses, is lightweight and strong. There’s plenty of padding and support for the back and legs and it will never ride up. Having a Spreader Bar is the perfect choice for those looking for the option to ride unhooked. Almost one size fits all.

MENS FLYING OBJECTS WAIST HARNESSES
SMALL & MEDIUM - FAIR CONDITION - $30 EACH

Ozone Kites are known for their durability, safety, and rock solid performance. Check out www.flyozone.com for more information.

For further information please email me at Amanda@LikeToKite.com or call/text (773)322-5089. Thanks!
Last edited by Like To Kite on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amanda
http://www.LikeToKite.com
(773) 672-3210
Like To Kite
Resident Windfreak

Time

Postby bcruz » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:45 pm

What time of day is it planned for?
bcruz
Site Admin

Re: Time

Postby adseguy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:35 pm

bcruz wrote:What time of day is it planned for?

Not yet shceudled, but It'll be whenever the wind could be best. I will let everyone here know the specific date and time a few days in advance
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby adseguy » Tue May 04, 2010 9:14 am

OK time is closing in for this weekend. It's still far away, BUUUUUTTT looks like we may get one last Northerly push coming in which is GREAT news. Now lets all cross our fingers that it comes in Saturday or Sunday. As you see Amanda will be there representing Like To Kite and Ozone. A few instructors will be available too for anyone new to the sport and looking to get and sign up for lessons.

Amanda also has an event the night before for a benefit.

Lino should be bringing his new 2010 clothes for people to buy. I can tell you I have a rash guard and thin hoodie I wear all the time to kite and they are good quality. Just think how warm you can be with the Sherpa hoodie he offers. Plus, they look good!

Thanks!
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby Misfit » Tue May 04, 2010 11:58 am

I wish I could make it. Wedding in michigan this weekend.

Have fun!

Cory
Forum Nerd. I like to talk a lot but don't get out much.
Misfit
Wind Whore

Postby Like To Kite » Tue May 04, 2010 12:18 pm

Exciting news about forecast for wind on Saturday, fingers crossed!

Thanks Adrien for mentioning the benefit! $20 buys 2 drinks and supports children living in foster care on Friday evening at Joey's Brickhouse. It should be really fun especially with so many kiters coming. Here's the link to more info about the event:

http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com/kiteb ... php?t=8667

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend!

Happy Kiting!!!
Amanda
http://www.LikeToKite.com
(773) 672-3210
Like To Kite
Resident Windfreak

Montrose meeting

Postby jojy » Tue May 04, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi Adrien,
Any word about the time the meeting will take place ?
Avi - 312-451-5841
Peter Lynn Twister II ---> 4.1m
HQ Montana 3 ----> 7.0m
Flexifoil buggy
http://www.aandeitprofessionals.com
jojy
Resident Windfreak

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Tue May 04, 2010 2:10 pm

What day is the meeting gonna be? I hope its gonna be on satuday. Looking forward to meet some people of the forum!
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby adseguy » Tue May 04, 2010 10:26 pm

Time is dependent on when the wind will show up. It could be in the morning, but hopefully will be all day. If it's good all day then from 11:00a.m.ish to 6 or so. Again, I'll post this up as we get closer. What an odd sport where you can't plan anything ahead of time lol.
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
adseguy
Wind Whore

whether

Postby jojy » Wed May 05, 2010 11:07 pm

Hey guys,
Where are you all looking and checking the whether, saying its looking good for the weekend ?
I'm following this site : https://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere. ... ast+Graphs , and so far it looks kinda bad for the weekend........ correct me if I'm wrong..please
Avi - 312-451-5841
HQ Montana 3 ----> 7.0m
Flexifoil buggy
jojy
Resident Windfreak

Postby adseguy » Thu May 06, 2010 8:29 am

IT'S ON

That's right! Looks like the wind will be coming in NW up to 20 knots. PERFECT!! It's going to be a cold one for sure as the high is 50, but we'll have a good time.

Date: Saturday May 8th
Time: 8:00a.m. to around 3:00p.m. when the wind dies down.
Where: Montrose Beach in Chicago, IL here

I'll bring Sodas, but I'm hesitant to bring out the grill on a cold day haha. Bring out ALL your equipment. I know of several new people that will be looking for a whole set of gear in both new and used conditions. Bring video cameras and the family too.

Make sure to respond in the poll above if you are going to make it.
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Thu May 06, 2010 11:55 am

ILL BE THERE!!! :D
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby dewsy » Thu May 06, 2010 4:03 pm

why couldn't we have the swap meet at Miller so everyone can fly their kites.. why does it have to be at the one place you need to be CERTIFIED (and have a streamer) to kite?

I'm all for the event ade and I'll make my way up after hitting miller, but next time we set something up let's make sure it's at a place where noobs can fly with, and get tips from, the guys with real talent..

thinking about the new guys,

-dewsy
dewsy
Master of Kite

Postby nG » Thu May 06, 2010 4:07 pm

dewsy wrote:why couldn't we have the swap meet at Miller so everyone can fly their kites.. why does it have to be at the one place you need to be CERTIFIED (and have a streamer) to kite?

-dewsy

I agree :wink:

Probably Chicago is just closer for everyone.
G
nG
Master of Kite

Agree !!

Postby jojy » Thu May 06, 2010 4:35 pm

dewsy, I couldn't say it better myself !! 8)

Thanks for thinking about us , 'noobs' ....
Avi - 312-451-5841
HQ Montana 3 ----> 7.0m
Flexifoil buggy
jojy
Resident Windfreak

Next

Return to Open Forum