Montrose and buggies.

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Montrose and buggies.

Postby Demoknight » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:43 pm

Hello all! I am more of a sit and roll kind of guy than a surfer, and I have taken my buggy out to Montrose a few times this year. The only real problem that I have is that they sift the sand every night with a tractor, which makes it incredibly loose and slow on the bug. Does anyone know when they stop sifting the beach for the sunbathers each year? I would ride at Cricket hill, but every time I go out there, even with good north winds it is choppy and shifty inside the park because of all the tall trees.
Demoknight
Kiter Noob

Re: Montrose and buggies.

Postby kitekid21 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:03 pm

I've got some mountainboarding spots put up on this map as indicated by the brown markers. Unfortunately it's hard to find good swaths of hard pack sand around Chicago. I usually resort to grass as a result. Maybe someone else on a buggy can chime in. If you have any spots for me to add, PM me and we can talk through some of them. :D

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?mid=zyguk5w-1uO4.kd_StJIWwAWM
I'm the guy in the obnoxious board shorts, always. Twitter: @chi_surfer
kitekid21
Resident Windfreak

Postby skysurfr » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:18 pm

They should stop any time now. Later they will build sand walls to stop the winter waves and ice.
Mike

'07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish LocalTeam Rider. GoPro Cameras! 12M 10m 08 Naish Pivot's!
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Postby a_lopez » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:11 pm

I've been going to Busse Woods to landboard. Wind can be gusty, but there is a decent sized mowed grass area clear of trees to ride on.
Alan
Kahoona 7.5 / Best Nemesis 10 / RRD Hypertype 12 / Taboo 14 / Ozone Zephr 17
a_lopez
Board Monkey

Return to Where to Ride Today