10/24 Saturday Morning Best Place to Ride?

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

becogontijo
Kiter Noob

10/24 Saturday Morning Best Place to Ride?

Post by becogontijo » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Whats up Guys I'm new to the area and I was wondering where would probably be the best place to ride this Saturday morning? Thanks in advance.

West
Wind Whore

Re: 10/24 Saturday Morning Best Place to Ride?

Post by West » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:30 am

Saturday the wind is coming in from the S and slowly shifing SW then W and finally NW by evening. Depending on where you want to ride on the Big Lake.....there would be several options to ride today....early morning Sheboygan or up on the other side at Holland, Michigan it will blow in the 20's before turning West; Waukeegan may be an option till midmorning...As it switches, Michigan City will take a WSW and W very well and shld b good by early afternoon till sunset. St joe will b allright till it turns onshore, and Miller beach in Gary should turn sideshore before sunset with smooth waters and clean winds.......a small synopsis for you. If it was me and I had all day and was determined, I'd hang around South Haven area until it turned SSW, ride until it started turning onshore, then backtrack to Mich city and ride till dark....good luck have fun and like always, if you want to get the best riding on Lake Michigan be prepared to drive!!! If you don't want the driving, Wolf Lake would always be an option, safety first!! :wink: