Meet Pro Rider Eric Rienstra @Porter Beach 10-5pm Thurs 6/16

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

tyedye
Kite Crew in Training

Meet Pro Rider Eric Rienstra @Porter Beach 10-5pm Thurs 6/16

Post by tyedye » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:47 pm

Meet Pro rider, Eric Rienstra at Stoke Riders Beach shop in the Indiana Dunes this Thursday 10am-5pm (1 Johnson Beach Rd, Porter IN). We'll have the latest Core kites and boards for demo as well additional kiteboarding gear and swag to make your life complete!

If you can't make it out Thursday, you might see him stomping it at Montrose Beach this afternoon or wolf tomorrow to experience what the Windy City is all about!

For more details shoot me an email at... info@stokeriders.com
Tyler
IKO Certified kiteboarding Instructor
Core, Liquid Force, Peter Lynn, NP, Mystic, Hyperflex, Woo, Trace, Mountainboard Sports, Rinsekit, Surfur, BBtalkin Dealer
http://www.stokeriders.com

tyedye
Kite Crew in Training

Re: Meet Pro Rider Eric Rienstra @Porter Beach 10-5pm Thurs

Post by tyedye » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:18 pm

Here's some wind info and directions from Chicago for those who've never been there or don't have smart phones.

Porter Beach - Acceptable Wind Directions: WSW, W, NW, N, NE
Directions: Take I90 or I294/I80/94 from the city south around the lake through N. Indiana toward the Michigan border. Chesterton exit is off I94. Just head North on hwy 49 to the Indiana Dunes State Park. Go over the bridge passed Dunes hwy 12, and take a left onto State Park Road. If you arrive at the State Park Gate, you've gone too far. Once on State Park Road, take a right on to Waverly rd and another right onto Wabash Ave. Then go straight until you end at the beach. You will pass two free parking lots for the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. If there are no spaces, then go to the Indiana Dunes State Park for parking or pay next door at an older man's parking lot. His parking fee's vary based on demand. It can get very crowded to during the Summer so make sure to get there early if you'd like a space. There is roughly a $10 parking fee for out-of-towners at the State Park between Labor Day through Memorial Day, but if you arrive during the Spring or Fall, parking is free on weekdays.

**Note(1): During the swim season, end of May to early September, kiteboarding and water craft in front of the Indiana Dunes State Park Pavilion is NOT ALLOWED. Swimmers only. Please refrain from kiting in this area during this timeframe and stay East or West of this area. If this becomes an issue, we will need to have certified only kiters here as well, so please avoid this area and ask your local Stoke Riders beach shop about the boundaries and proper launch/land area's. This is a beautiful area and very new to kiteboarding so please respect other beach goers and the beach rules.
Tyler
Core, Liquid Force, Peter Lynn, NP, Mystic, Hyperflex, Woo, Trace, Mountainboard Sports, Rinsekit, Surfur, BBtalkin Dealer

jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

Post by jensmadwind » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:14 am

does Eric ride for Core now?

I was lucky enough to watch him ride a couple times at the Real Slick. Very powerful yet stylish rider. Thats sweet that he is stopping by, I wish i could make it. I hope the wind shows up
10 mph?

tyedye
Kite Crew in Training

Post by tyedye » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:37 am

Yeah he just switched to Core this year! Check out some sick highlights from the Triple S last weekend.

https://vimeo.com/169890951

Fingers crossed the forecast stays!
Tyler

West
Wind Whore

Post by West » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:18 am

Hey Hey, Got a great NNW coming in for your demo today Tyler. Hope Eric enjoys the bottom of the BIG LAKE, and you get alot of kites in the air!! 8)

tyedye
Kite Crew in Training

Post by tyedye » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Get a lot of Demo Core Kites in the air we did! Everybody got to try at least one of their many high performance selection from their new line of the XR4, GTS3, FREE and Section kites. A few highlights are each kite is made with triple rip stop instead of dacron, you get a lighter kite with stronger reinforcements. The Core Sensor bar is exceptional with an adjustable bar throw and auto untwist for the front lines. You just pull the bar all the way and it untwists... just that simple. The conditions were rough with Mother Nature throwing in a third sandbar break overhead but everyone handled it well.

My final thoughts are everyone should have at least one of these kites in their quiver but comments from other kiters who were there are encouraged since we didn't have a chance to sum up our experiences at the end of the day.

PM me if you are IKO or PASA certified and would like to demo this weekend at Porter Beach.

Here's a few photo's from the demo day...
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Tyler