June 20th

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

mattbesquare
Board Slinger

June 20th

Post by mattbesquare » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:41 pm

Hey everyone. It is a little late to ask, but is anyone going out tomorrow? I was thinking of going to miller beach. I am a complete noob though, having only completed a weekend class (8hrs).

Just got my new kite on Friday and wanted to continue practice flying/body dragging. I just don't want to be at the beach solo.

tyedye
Kite Crew in Training

Re: June 20th

Post by tyedye » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:17 am

We're scoping out MC to see if the direction switched around to side shore. If not, then tiscornia park in st Joseph!
Tyler
IKO Certified kiteboarding Instructor
Core, Liquid Force, Peter Lynn, NP, Mystic, Hyperflex, Woo, Trace, Mountainboard Sports, Rinsekit, Surfur, BBtalkin Dealer
http://www.stokeriders.com

mattbesquare
Board Slinger

Post by mattbesquare » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:59 pm

I didn't make it out. St Joe's is a little bit a commute for me, that is tough to run out on a weekday without knowing what I would find there. (I live in the far western burbs of chicago)

Hope you got a chance to go out today.

tyedye
Kite Crew in Training

Post by tyedye » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:32 pm

Had the smoothest ride of the year at Michigan city today. 12m for most of the time was perfect until the storm rolled in and my and my girlfriends kites went down for a short swim. Had to take shelter under our kites for a while then switch turned on again for big kite and big board. Well worth the trip!!!
Attachments
image.jpeg
Tyler
IKO Certified kiteboarding Instructor
Core, Liquid Force, Peter Lynn, NP, Mystic, Hyperflex, Woo, Trace, Mountainboard Sports, Rinsekit, Surfur, BBtalkin Dealer
http://www.stokeriders.com

mattbesquare
Board Slinger

Post by mattbesquare » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:57 pm

wow

mattbesquare
Board Slinger

Post by mattbesquare » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:02 pm

Where do you put in over there?

I went to miller beach with family on Sunday to look around. ended up at Marquette because we didn't really know better. I am assuming over there you launch by that little ramp?

Kevin
Resident Windfreak

Post by Kevin » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:13 am

Great day at Michigan City, I was glad to be able to get out. Did not feel like Lake Michigan. Warm, relatively flat water. Great crew.

We launch next to (downwind from) the pier. Lots of beachgoers (and boats) on a nice summer day though can make things a little hectic.
20160620_125553.jpg

mattbesquare
Board Slinger

Post by mattbesquare » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:27 pm

tyedye wrote:Had the smoothest ride of the year at Michigan city today. 12m for most of the time was perfect until the storm rolled in and my and my girlfriends kites went down for a short swim. Had to take shelter under our kites for a while then switch turned on again for big kite and big board. Well worth the trip!!!
Thanks for recommendation. Spent the day there, beautiful beach.