Lanes, Hookipa, Kanaha 3/18-?????

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Lanes, Hookipa, Kanaha 3/18-?????

Post by mrgrey »

Just popping in to check on you boys... wind machine starting to ramp back up nicely here in Maui. New swell for the weekend too... Aloha and enjoy the spring back home boys and gals... meanwhile, u can find me at the beach. ;) Aloha!

Your friendly neighborhood SkyDaddy,

Matt

tyedye
Kite Crew in Training

Re: Lanes, Hookipa, Kanaha 3/18-?????

Post by tyedye »

Are you sure you didn't start to miss the cold Spring Indiana coastline carving on big ol' freshy and big air gusty boosts on lil' stinky :lol:
Looks perfect at those spots you mentioned. What's the season for wind and how's your surfing?... Kiting and cold beer isn't the same without the SkyDaddy...
Tyler
IKO Certified kiteboarding Instructor
Core, Liquid Force, Peter Lynn, NP, Mystic, Hyperflex, Woo, Trace, Mountainboard Sports, Rinsekit, Surfur, BBtalkin Dealer
http://www.stokeriders.com

mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Post by mrgrey »

Season is year round. Had an unusual 3 weeks without steady wind, but even that means you'll get one or two days a week on 8-10m. Surfing gets unreal when the wind dies and the island comes alive with some amazing wave riders. SUPping is getting very big here too...

Waves usually come early september through end of april before it goes flat with 20knt trades that blow months on end. Foiling is HUGE here and they ride all day everyday. Im even looking to get one after wave season!

I do miss the downwinders with the boys for sure and I'm looking forward to coming home this summer for a couple weeks of vacation. Ill bring a bag of wind with me and we'll share a few sodas. Aloha from Maui!

tyedye
Kite Crew in Training

Post by tyedye »

I'd be living on the water on a board if I were you... Tried my hand is paddle surfing this year on Lake Michigan and the good days are few and far between. Any Paddle Surfboard recommendation that are good for carving waves?
Tyler
IKO Certified kiteboarding Instructor
Core, Liquid Force, Peter Lynn, NP, Mystic, Hyperflex, Woo, Trace, Mountainboard Sports, Rinsekit, Surfur, BBtalkin Dealer
http://www.stokeriders.com