WTB beginner kit

If you got some new digs, thinkin its gonna help your kiting step-up to the next level, blow out your used gear here and watch that grom shred harder than you on your old kite.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

ahnoff
Kiter Noob

WTB beginner kit

Post by ahnoff » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:01 pm

I'm looking to get some supplies to start kite surfing. I've taken several kite surfing lessons, and looking to get a kit to get started. I've been practicing on a 12 m kite, and I thought something in that size would be a good place to start, along with a twin tip board, harness, pump, controller bar. I would of course like supplies in good to great condition, and perhaps a 2nd kite. I'm planning on spending a few weeks in La Ventana in baja mexico on a road trip, and thought a 2nd kite might come in handy, though not sure if it should be smaller or bigger than the 11-12 m kite. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Joe
I in the Chicago area, in Skokie.

grigorib
Resident Windfreak

Re: WTB beginner kit

Post by grigorib » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:03 pm

La Ventana certainly would take a smaller kite for the set.

How much do you weigh? What’s your waist (jeans) size?

Friends are selling a 12m Slingshot Rally and 12m LF Solo with a bar and pump and should be able to point you to a board deal.

Also have an 11m and 9m Slingshot Rally 2017 in excellent condition

Also have a 5/4 O’Neill Epic wetsuit in large, 3mm size 11 booties, 3mm gloves and neoprene hat all like new for a good price too

PM or email me

tyedye
Kite Crew in Training

Post by tyedye » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:31 pm

Hey Joe,

I am a kite school in the Chicago area and have both new and used kiteboarding equipment for sale and demo if you would like to try and buy. I also issue IKO certifications if you are at a skill level to handle the conditions at Montrose beach in Chicago.

What kind of 12m do you have and what is your skill level? It sounds like you will also need a 9m or 10m kite/bar and travel sized board for La Ventana. I have demos in the following sizes:

Small size Core demo kites:
5/6/7/8/9/9/10/10/12. All in great condition!

Core Boards
137 Fusion 2 and Edge
141 Fusion 3
147 Fusion 3 LW

Email me if interested: info@stokeriders.com
Tyler
IKO Certified kiteboarding Instructor
Core, Liquid Force, Peter Lynn, NP, Mystic, Hyperflex, Woo, Trace, Mountainboard Sports, Rinsekit, Surfur, BBtalkin Dealer
http://www.stokeriders.com

Bob
Wind Whore

Post by Bob » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:38 am

Hi Joe,

I'm in Madison, Wi., and have one of the larger kite businesses in the region. We've been around for over 15 years and I carry a lot of new gear as well as some demo and used products.

We can for sure get you set up with a great package.

Check out our web site and please contact me at bob@kiteridersllc.com.

Slingshot, Cabrinha, Blade, Liquid Force, Ozone, Axis, Mystic, Ride Engine, Woo, BB Talkin, NP Surf and others.

Take care,

Bob
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi