2008 Slingshot Fuel 13M Complete $170

If you got some new digs, thinkin its gonna help your kiting step-up to the next level, blow out your used gear here and watch that grom shred harder than you on your old kite.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

schuss8899
Resident Windfreak

2008 Slingshot Fuel 13M Complete $170

Post by schuss8899 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:15 pm

Kite is in great condition, and bar is like new, colors are orange/black/white....

schuss8899@gmail.com

Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Re: 2008 Slingshot Fuel 13M Complete $170

Post by Dutchkiteboarder » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:04 pm

Not to bash you but some additional information to anyone who might consider a Fuel. These are pulling, looping old school C style kites. Not considered a beginner kite.

snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Post by snowball » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:35 pm

The 2006+ fuels relaunch same as any bow kite and although not as much depower as bow kites they still have plenty of depower. Really nothing hardcore about them. For $170 complete would not be a horrible option for someone looking to learn on a tight budget. They are pretty bullet proof too. Still have my 2010 9 fuel I take out whenever it is blowing over 30 and it rides like new.

I have noticed that the fuels are very grunty which actually can make it easier for some people to learn with then a bow kite as they do not have to worry about pushing in and out the bar as much. Especially in the bigger sizes such as 13. C-kites are really nothing to be intimidated about as long as you have proper instruction which you can kill yourself on any kite if you do not have.
My Quiver: Slingshot Fuels/rallys, Naish Rides, Switch Kites, Orange Brokite Board and Zap Skimboard.

KITEBOARDING LESSONS - WATER - SNOW - LAND + GEAR SALES !!!

Owner at http://www.ChicagoKiteboardingLessons.com

Rorke
Zen Levitator

Post by Rorke » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:48 pm

Dutch, good call on adding the very appropriate additional information. Short and accurate.

edited : Forget about it. Everyone can do, say, write, and buy what they want. Carry on.
Last edited by Rorke on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
IKO Certified Instructor
USCG Master 100T
USCG Approved Instructor/Examiner
Red Cross - First Aid / CPR Instructor

http://www.lakeeffectkite.com

snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Post by snowball » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:03 pm

Nothing irresponsible about saying the truth when I am not swayed trying to sell new kites. They relaunch no harder then a typical SLE kite. In fact, the Fuels relaunch easier then several of the newer kites. Plus in super light winds, when many sle kites will not relaunch at all you can tip them on their back and relaunch the old fashioned way. In vietnam some of the schools actually teach on fuels. Don't get me wrong I teach on SLE kites but I learned when I was broke and in highschool on c-kites. The fact is not everyone can afford the latest greatest gear.

The flagging style on the 2008 bars works just fine. I included a picture in case you forgot what they actually look like. It flags through the middle line. You may be thinking of the way older bars that only flag through a side line. I agree those are not safe by today's standards and would not allow a student to fly with those if they brought it to a lesson.

9 meter fuel in 25-30 is perfect power for me at 160 pounds. The 9 fuel pulls equivalent to an 8 bow kite. My 7 fuel is awesome kite too for the rare 30+ days I get to use that kite. I actually use sle kites for low winds and have the 9 and 7 fuel for my non teaching personal high wind kites as they are so much more predictable and fun to ride. Never once had one invert or do funky stuff that many sle kites do in high winds. The way they turn and steadily pull as you carve the face of a wave is an awesome feeling no sle kite can truly match.

Either way not going to waste my time on this anymore, I have much better things to do and the successfully taught clients which speaks for itself. Go ride SLE kites if you want, you will be missing out on the pureness that c-kites can offer. :wink:

My Quiver: Slingshot Fuels/rallys, Naish Rides, Switch Kites, Orange Brokite Board and Zap Skimboard.

KITEBOARDING LESSONS - WATER - SNOW - LAND + GEAR SALES !!!

Owner at http://www.ChicagoKiteboardingLessons.com