Kalamazoo Area Kiters

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

SWmichigan_BL
Kiter Noob

Kalamazoo Area Kiters

Post by SWmichigan_BL » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:03 pm

Just getting back into the sport after a long hiatus. Curious if anyone kites in the Kalamazoo, MI area. I'm on Indian Lake in Vicksburg. I have seen people out on Austin Lake but it has been a few years.

tyedye
Kite Crew in Training

Re: Kalamazoo Area Kiters

Post by tyedye » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:51 pm

There’s a solid crew at Gun Lake North of Kalamazoo. Was with a buddy today who kites there. Hit me up if you’d like some introductions.
Tyler
IKO Certified kiteboarding Instructor
Core, Liquid Force, Peter Lynn, NP, Mystic, Hyperflex, Woo, Trace, Rinsekit, BBtalkin intercom Dealer
http://www.stokeriders.com

West
Wind Whore

Post by West » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:23 am

Like Tyler said, Gun Lake crew for area inland lake, but depending on direction, it can be a bit gusty! Several kzoo kiters go to South Haven on Lake Michigan on SW or N, NW winds. Make some kiting buddies....

Not sure about your skill level, but Spring Time kiting will require adequate rubber! Kite Safe and welcome back to the sport.

SWmichigan_BL
Kiter Noob

Post by SWmichigan_BL » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:05 am

I’ve got a decent wetsuit for the cold. Was out on Indian lake in Vicksburg early March. Would say I’m upper level beginner/Intermediate.

Would love to come kite with you guys on Gun Lake or out at South Haven. Been avoiding going out there alone.

tyedye
Kite Crew in Training

Post by tyedye » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:11 am

It was an all out boosting fest with the Michigan boys last weekend. They keep pushing themselves to the next level! I'll give you a shout next time I'm up that way but in the meantime, I'll put you in touch with some of the local kalamazoo crowd.

Tyler
Tyler
IKO Certified kiteboarding Instructor
Core, Liquid Force, Peter Lynn, NP, Mystic, Hyperflex, Woo, Trace, Rinsekit, BBtalkin intercom Dealer
http://www.stokeriders.com