LSP Yesterday 6/28

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

manasty
Chop Wrestler

LSP Yesterday 6/28

Post by manasty » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:00 am

Thought I'd share the current beach conditions at the Mecca. I know a lot of people like to make trips up there. I stopped by yesterday to see how it was and was shocked at how much beach had gone from the high water levels. Very little room now with lots of debris. It doesn't get any better further south or north within walking distance that I could see.
20150628_114553.jpg

West
Wind Whore

Re: LSP Yesterday 6/28

Post by West » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:39 am

Wow thanks for the info buddy....I had heard that the beach was gone up there, holy mackeral hard to believe !! Pic tells all on the situation. No beach and lots of beach grass, pssssssssssss.... :shock:

There are many launches around the Big Lake that have been absolutely shut down due to the high water level; the cooler temps and continual rain aren't gonna reverse that anytime soon!!

Luckily we still got the big beaches by the piers to give us launch sites, just be considerate to beach goers during the summer months!! Rock on Bro

Rainmann
Wind Chaser

Post by Rainmann » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:12 am

Hey West!
Downwinder from Grand Haven to Port Sheldon showed the same beach conditions. Self landing on 5' beach while getting pounded by waves was interesting.

For those not familiar with this area: the beach grass and debris in combination with narrow beach make self launch/land challenging. There is literally no room for maneuvering (or mistakes). Larger open areas of beach are crowded with sun bathers and swimmers so not much prime real estate left for us. Be safe and courteous to the landlubbers please!

I recently moved back to MI by the big lake (downwinder heaven!!!). Give a shout when you head back up this way!
Ray

West
Wind Whore

Post by West » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:19 am

I hear ya Ray, glad u moved up to Mich, can't wait to ck it out and ride w ya....yeah talked to Sheriff and the beach in Boygan is very small, heard from Godfather up North and no beach at Pt Betsie!! Amazing how quickly the shoreline can change...

Here's hoping we get some SW winds pumping soon, maybe it will help redistribute some much needed sand for us... 8)

V
Unstrapped!

Post by V » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:57 pm

wow, looks like the beach is now the first sandbar!