ATTENTION ALL MONTROSE RIDERS

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

WaWaZat
Kite Dominator

ATTENTION ALL MONTROSE RIDERS

Post by WaWaZat » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:45 am

YOU MUST WEAR YOUR STREAMER AT ALL TIMES, WHENEVER YOU KITE, 365 DAYS/YEAR, REGARDLESS IF THE LIFEGUARDS ARE THERE OR NOT OR IF IS A COLD, GLOOMY, SUNRISE SESH & YOU ANTICIPATE BEING THE ONLY ONE THERE, OR WHATEVER... NO EXCUSES!

*If you left your streamer at home, either go get it or kite outside the city limits.

*If you left your streamer on your other kite, either go get it or kite outside the city limits.

*If you don't have a streamer, kite outside the city limits and talk to me about getting one for future sessions.

*If you have a certification and steamer but can't stay out of the swimming area, either immediately pump up a bigger kite or immediately make the decision to not kite there that day... there is too much current and/or not enough wind.

Yeah, this happened today...

The visiting kiter perhaps had too small a kite ("I forgot my 9, was the excuse"), couldn't stay outside the swimmers was not qualified to ride Montrose and didn't have a streamer. She didn't oblige when asked to not kite until she saw me coming in from my next tack to make sure she understood. She walked the kite up the retaining wall to land where everyone else was landing, on the grass, and it was obvious she didn't know in what position to be to land safely up there. I ran up, showed her and insisted she get in to the correct position, she arrantly refused and sure enough, the kite ended up OVER the bike/running path and wrapping around the power lines, next to the street, about a dozen times. When others came to help, her attitude worsened, her and her kite companion... a local guy who knows the Montrose drill, but apparently encouraged her to kite there anyway... blamed all of us for causing this, and told us all to leave her kite and them alone. When they started throwing the bar back around the lines, it landed in the roof of another kiter's adjacent car, denting the roof.

Apparently this girl was under the impression that being from and proficient enough to kite DR conditions qualifies her to kite our much more mild (as she seemed to insinuate) and much less chaotic Montrose. She assured us that she was passing through town and that we'd never see her again. With her horrible attitude and refusal to understand the Montrose point of view, I don't think she'll be missed.

Thanks to the other kiters for the help and support with this whole incident.

I was the first one to arrive Montrose at 9am and the last to leave at 9pm. There were about 25 kiters throughout the day. Most everyone was well behaved and wore streamers. The guards had to yell at a couple who where getting too close to the swimmers.... one on a yellow & white Core, even putting his kite down in there. YOU CAN'T DO THIS GUYS!

There were a few others... maybe just 3.... who didn't wear their streamers. All the usual excuses were given. Boys, this post is for you and I urge you back to the caps lock and the 4 lines that follow at the top of this message. Please guys.... if you insist on not conforming or riding without a streamer, you make it alright for incidences like what happened today to take place. When another non-qualified rider shows up and sees you without a streamer, you're giving them permission....

Last edited by WaWaZat on Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiteboard Mike
3ME/WindyCity Kite Sports
Fully Stocked Shop, Demo Center & IKO Certified School
eus@3mekite.com
http://windycitykitesports.com/

Kevin
Resident Windfreak

Re: ATTENTION ALL MONTROSE RIDERS

Post by Kevin » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:20 pm

Ridiculous. Thanks for your efforts Mike.