5 stages of accepting the new website...

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Rorke
Zen Levitator

5 stages of accepting the new website...

Post by Rorke » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:51 pm

Denial - whoops, wrong site. Wait. Hold up.....where is Lino's giant air? Ok, I will type again. wait a second.....

Anger - Damn it. No heads up. Just BAM! Here is a new site for you to have to learn. I hope you like learning new stuff.

Bargaining - Maybe they will change it back if more people write that they don't think a new site is necessary and that the old site was fine and that there could be 2 sites that are different but almost the same so that you could choose the old site. Not the new one, which is different. Not the same at all, in fact. Maybe a gofundme could help somehow, I think so. Hmmm

Depression -Screw it anyway. I am a relic. My new gear is old; my old gear is nearly as old as my new gear.
No more talk of the picklefork, ARC, short throw, no throw, fifth line, seat harness, kitchen glove, separate strut, ear launch, reverse launch, HOT (actual) launch, wichard shackle, 30m line......
Bummer. Who cares? Not anyone. None

Acceptance - Kiting has gotten so easy. This new site might as well be too. And it is. Thanks guys!
IKO Certified Instructor
USCG Master 100T
USCG Approved Instructor/Examiner
Red Cross - First Aid / CPR Instructor

http://www.lakeeffectkite.com

dbur
Resident Windfreak

Re: 5 stages of accepting the new website...

Post by dbur » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:50 pm

forum was/is the most useful feature of this site, new look and feel of the main site page - not sure it was worth an effort, but I am thankful to site owners for paying for hosting of this forum
omne solum liberum libero patria

skysurfr
Board Beotch

Post by skysurfr » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:38 pm

Who done it?

It looks good.

A grim reminder that I was 37 when this site began (reference local riders) .....now 51! I was kiteboarding 1 or 2 years prior to that....yeesh.

I still like the forum more than Facebook.

Mike
Mike

'07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish LocalTeam Rider. GoPro Cameras! 12M 10m 08 Naish Pivot's!

West
Wind Whore

Post by West » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:06 pm

What happened to the Lake Michigan graphical link? I have found that to be an indespensible source for forcasting not only wind speeds and direction but sky cover, temperature, and wave heights at four hour intervals? Can I just not find it, or has it been omitted?

bcruz
Site Admin

Post by bcruz » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:18 pm

Hey guys. Sorry there wasn't more of a heads up on the new site design. It's something I've meant to do forever, but haven't gotten around to it. I tried to kee every single bit of information that existed before, and put it onto a new technology platform that should mark it much easier to maintain. I didn't make any changes to the forum because I know that's the main piece everyone cares about.

Mike was 37 when the site was built and I was 24. It's been a long time coming!

If we missed anything or removed anything useful like the Lake Michigan link, let me know and I'll make sure to get it back up. I can't promise I'll be the fastest to respond, but I'll get to everything eventually.

Thanks everyone for keeping such a strong forum here!

One of these days I'll be back to kiting on a regular basis...