Spring 2017 South Padre Island Kiteboard Trip!!!, Apr 1-9

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

WaWaZat
Kite Dominator

Spring 2017 South Padre Island Kiteboard Trip!!!, Apr 1-9

Post by WaWaZat » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:34 pm

Time to start thinking about shaking off the winter rust with something so spectacular that even a bone chilling windless January day won’t take the perm-a-grin off your face!! The moment is here to join our 2017 Spring Kiteboarding Kick-off to windy South Padre Island, TX, April 1-9th. One of the premier kiteboarding spots in the world, this year's trek promises to be full of fun, mischief, and most of all, WIND! And Springtime in SPI is traditionally a nice warm Southeast direction with balmy-hot air temps, the entire trip!!

Why is SPI one of the most seductive places on earth for kiters of all levels?! Warmth; clean, consistent winds; your choice of a seven mile stretch of flat shallow waters on the Laguna Madre that you can actually stand up in or miles of waves on the Gulf side!

For those learning to kite, the Laguna Madre boasts perfect conditions for developing kite control, safety, board starts, riding & exploring new moves! We'll be offering lessons for every level, even those learning from scratch, and hosting supervised riding practice where you can tighten your skills comfortably and confidently.

Now for the more experienced, SPI provides wave riding areas on the outside, downwinders or you can hang in the flats and hone that next trick or new technique.

If you're into kiting, the only way to kick it up to the next level is to take the time to immerse yourself without distractions. The South Padre Island trip is the perfect chance to dedicate that precious time because the winds are reliable and the conditions are a kiter's dream.

You’re also going to love the accommodations! Many of you will remember this extraordinary Kite House on the Fall trip a couple years ago. After unavailability and a brand new remodeling... we've gotten it back!! For those that didn't experience that jaunt... imagine a large beautiful multi-level private home across the street from the beach, featuring spacious private rooms as well as mini-suites, loaded with amenities including a 12-person hot tub adjacent to a luxurious heated pool and of course.... gear rinse stations and PLENTY of room inside the fenced in, secluded backyard and deck railings to hang dry gear... all just for us!! After being out on the water kiting all day, the wind in your face, the power of the kite lifting you to new levels, you'll be able to return back to the pad, easily rinse your gear and submerge yourself in the hot tub, savoring a cool drink. This trip will be South Padre at its most enticing and inviting in a house designed for the ultimate chill-out experience.

But there's more!!! ...part of the magic of our SPI trips is the camaraderie on the beach, in the kite house and out on the town. Kiters who've come with us talk about their experiences all year and look forward to the next. Join us and become a part of a tradition that you'll never forget.

Those that have done trips with me know these are always a great way to meet others in the scene, connect with friends and improve your kiteboarding while enjoying some of the most premier kiting spots in the world! We kiters are on a similar wave so sharing experiences from kiting and cooking together, to just hanging out is always a blast!

I have secured awesome private accommodations loaded with amenities and plenty of room for all. Some will fly and some will drive and there will be ride share opportunities, too. We are also encouraging those who want to bring their significant other to do so! SPI has some great non-kiting activities to offer, including SUPing, beach biking, an incredible spa, yoga, to name only a handful, and our delightful Jodee with be there to help entertain the non-kiters who would like to come along for the ride.

Please contact me at the email in my sig right away if interested and I will get back and go over room options, answer lesson questions, and, if you’ve never been, make sure you will be prepared to make the most of your time down there.

Lookin' forward to having you join on the island of fun & wind!!

Kiteboard Mike
3ME/WindyCity Kite Sports
Fully Stocked Shop, Demo Center & IKO Certified School
eus@3mekite.com
http://windycitykitesports.com/

WaWaZat
Kite Dominator

Re: Spring 2017 South Padre Island Kiteboard Trip!!!, Apr 1-

Post by WaWaZat » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:01 pm

There are a few spots left! We have a fun crew of diverse riders attending from beginners with little or no experience on through to independent riders of all skill levels on up to some seasoned OGs who pioneered kiteboarding in this area! Besides the awesome kiteboarding, we're sure to have some great campfire stories and hot tub bonding in the evenings with this eclectic bunch!!

Come join us!!
Kiteboard Mike
3ME/WindyCity Kite Sports
Fully Stocked Shop, Demo Center & IKO Certified School
eus@3mekite.com
http://windycitykitesports.com/