Foilboarding Madness

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Bob
Wind Whore

Foilboarding Madness

Post by Bob » Mon May 15, 2017 11:33 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've had the pleasure to ride a lot of different foils the last 4 years and in doing so, I've been able to figure out what works really well for the average rider.

Feedback from customers also point straight to the Slingshot products for learning and progressing. Liquid force hit a home run a few years back with their Aluminum foil that was under $2,000. Before then most carbon foils were over $3,000 with boards. LF deserves credit where credit is due.

Then, Slingshot came to the plate with the Flight School short masts and new boards and foils, also for well under $2,000. They hit a grand slam. The boards rock. The Hoverglide is an awesome foil for learning and progressing to higher speeds compared to low aspect wings. The short masts are probably the best innovation in kitesurfing in a long time.....in my opinion.

We sold a lot of those last year and I thought I ordered WAY too many for this year. As it turns out, I'm already almost all sold out. Holy crap. My second shipment will arrive soon.

We've invested a lot into foilboarding and it's paying off. It really is a ton of fun and you will never ever have to work hard again to go upwind once you learn the basics. So cool.

Anyone who's been to OBX knows the 8 mile downwinders from the Planet of the Apes to our house in Rodanthe is an insanely fun ride in classic SW winds. Well.....I actually did an upwinder one day all the way to the planet and then rode back downwind. It took 1 hour and 5 minutes total. Sick day and going upwind and then downwind is super cool.

All that being said, if anyone is interested in foilboarding, please look me/us up. I guarantee we are ahead of everyone else in the area with knowledge and experience and we're putting this all into our teaching methods. I'm usually pretty humble with most things, but when it comes to training, my crew is well ahead of most. Add to it our new BBTalkin' communications' system where we can talk back and forth with students only adds to our capabilities and makes learning faster for our students and riders.

The new Slingshot Simulator board is insane for learning. It's really not a board to buy, but one that I have (soon to be 3 for demos) for teaching and it has a soft top and side rails. The soft rails and top make it much more durable. The longer length also makes it easier for learning.

To buy....the Dwarfcraft is the number 1 selling board by far, but this year, the new Alien Air is just a little bigger than the D-craft for lighter winds and bigger riders.

We also have a Convertor board that is a T-rex surf board with a foil track also on the bottom. I rode this board as a surf board and it's super fun. One of the only convertor boards that actually makes sense.

We/Slingshot also has the mostly all carbon Ghost Whisper foil and matched with the Hypermiler carbon board is an insanely fun, light and fast set up.

If you follow our progression for learning, you will learn faster than most who had to learn on inferior and full length masts. The progress of the riders in OBX this spring was incredible.

Add to this riding and practicing behind our Jet Ski is a great alternative for no wind days.

I can't wait to try foilsurfing behind a really nice wake board boat this summer.

Please contact me if you want to try it or purchase a new set up. We're shipping out quite a few of these weekly now that Spring is in full swing.

Get yours before they are gone and please call or contact me with any questions. I love talking foil boarding with new riders. There's some good info out there, but also some info that is really not helpful. We've been able to figure out what works and what doesn't.

Here is a link to our web site foil board page.

https://kiteridersllc.com/product-categ ... ingshot-2/

Later.....Bob
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi

Bob
Wind Whore

Re: Foilboarding Madness

Post by Bob » Thu May 25, 2017 8:22 pm

Update on stock levels.

We just sold out the last Hoverglide foils. I thought they would last a week or 2. So we just placed a large order that will arrive soon and we're already working on a back order list.

We also bought all the remaining Flight School short masts which Slingshot will not be able to resupply until July.

We do have some Alien Air boards in stock, but not many.

We also have some Convertor boards and the Carbon Hypermiler.

Dwarfcraft boards will arrive in mid June.

Feel free to contact me with any questions and if you want to reserve a package.

We'll be able to supply most packages in about a week, but dwarfcraft boards will be mid June.

Thanks.....Bob
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi

Bob
Wind Whore

Re: Foilboarding Madness

Post by Bob » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:01 pm

Another update on stock levels.

We ran completely out of boards about a month ago and they are finally coming in early next week. The week of July 24th we'll get in a large order of Alien Airs, Dwarfcrafts, Convertors and Simulators.

After pre-orders are shipped, we'll have plenty for the next few months.

Thanks.....Bob
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi