bye bye july

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

bye bye july

Post by jensmadwind » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:48 am

Glad to see the windless month of July gone,

now the windless month of August,

i am going f-cking nuts

BLOW

Misfit
Wind Whore

Post by Misfit » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:51 am

Sailboat. Standup Paddleboard. Beer.

All things that get me through the light days.

Cory
Forum Nerd. I like to talk a lot but don't get out much.

Eric A.
Kite Crew in Training

Post by Eric A. » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:03 am

HA !

This isn't funny anymore.....I'm dying over here.
I did catch a wierd 12m day at la punta tuesday....water is FREEZING up there mid 50's. South Haven is a balmy 75. but NO WIND TO SPEAK OF FOR A LONG TIME. :(

Time to get some work done, cuz fall is near.

Bob
Wind Whore

Post by Bob » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:53 pm

i just sleep and hibernate all summer long gathering my rest for the windy fall season.

wake me up in september or if a rogue 20-30 day sweeps through the area.

lol.
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi

adseguy
Wind Whore

Post by adseguy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:33 pm

Hey I guess if we'll talk about this subject, what si the best time to plan a week long trip to only kite board on the Lake. I will have some extra vacation time this year and I want to take a full week and just kitesurf anywhere from Sheboygan to Michigan. What would be the best dates to do it? I have a full dry suit, but I'd rather stay a little warm and have company.
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard

Northerner
Zen Levitator

Post by Northerner » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:11 pm

July Windless? You guys are going to hate us but… We’ve been averaging 2-3 days a week this month. Got out twice this week for a couples hours each session, one on a 16 and the other rocking on a 12 meter. The beginning of July is always much better than latter half, with Sheboygan one day earlier this month having almost 50 kites on the beach and lots more smiles. No doubt the next few weeks is a bad time to be a kiter.

Tomorrows moving day for Rayna and I as we’re heading back to Myanmar for the year. Hard to believe our two months here are done. Man what a summer we had. After traveling both coasts of SE Asia for wind last year I got to say North Eastern Wisconsin has that region beat in my opinion. Not just for wind but for riding conditions and options. Got to love it up here. What we are lacking in warm tropical waters is more than made up for me by the great people that I get the chance to hang and ride with. Especially our rag-tag local crew and the few of you that have become come long distance locals. Going to miss everyone and the great times shared. We’ll be back next July and when the internet’s not blocked by the government I’ll be sure to stay in touch. Hope the wind blows in August for everyone. I’m heading into the heart of Monsoon season and kiting only on vacations. Going to miss my spot here on the water. Andrew

Bob
Wind Whore

Post by Bob » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:52 pm

andrew,

we're going to miss ya brother. next year though you gotta come back with some cut offs. it just wasn't the same without the denim flyin through the air. lol.

be safe. thanks for everything you do in sheboygan to keep the scene safe and fun.
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi