First Pressing of the Brokite Boards

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

West
Wind Whore

First Pressing of the Brokite Boards

Post by West » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:10 pm

The board that has ripped up Lake Michigan and surrounding areas in a blinding yellow flash is morphing...........Zero Gravity boards will no longer be made in Corpus Christi, Brokite boards are taking over where OG left off.

The boards will still be constructed by hand in a deliberate and meticulous fashion!! Most of the shapes will be available, and more are in the works. Better than ever, with classic graphics, on the tried and true yellow background.

I'm going to Texas sometime next week for the first pressing of the BROKITE boards. Jerry and I will be fine-tuning the new shred sticks, in between rigorous R&D sessions in his "front yard". Anyone interested in getting one of the first batch, get in touch with me. I'm sure there will be a slight reduction in price, and no shipping charges since I'll be driving them back in the Nissan truck, stylin' a new camper shell.

Something kind of cool about making boards for your bros!! Here's to BROKITE and Mr. Toeside himself, Jerry Hartung. If you die before you kite Corpus, you can't say I didn't tell you!!!! God blessed the Laguna Madre................ :D

fly girl
Chop Wrestler

Post by fly girl » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:05 am

Image[/url]
Maggie & Jerry
www.brokite.com
512 294 8749 (jerry cell #)

ryankolberg
Resident Windfreak

Post by ryankolberg » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:17 am

nice bro!

Misfit
Wind Whore

Post by Misfit » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:09 pm

Sweet! Bet one of those would kill it in hatteras on the sound!

:wink:

Cory
Forum Nerd. I like to talk a lot but don't get out much.

kris
Boosticus Maximus

Post by kris » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:23 pm

maybe next year, maybe next year.....

can they be ordered with different skins on top and bottom? Maybe a nice Green\Yellow GB Packer chop style (I suppose West wouldn't allow that!!)??
--------------K-r-i-s----------------------------

kris
Boosticus Maximus

Post by kris » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:37 pm

any webcams off the deck yet? Give us northerly folk a chance to see West and Jerry at work.
--------------K-r-i-s----------------------------

fly girl
Chop Wrestler

Post by fly girl » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:59 pm

no webcam on the deck just yet, but v is planning on visiting very soon. he is our IT go to guy, we are hoping he will help us with our electronic needs.

wish we had one for yesterday's sesh. steady 35mph on my 5m waroo, jerry on his 7m. we were rippin it up. :D
Maggie & Jerry
www.brokite.com
512 294 8749 (jerry cell #)

Misfit
Wind Whore

Post by Misfit » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:46 am

why the new name?

cory

V
Unstrapped!

Post by V » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:54 am

If it blowing 7m for 200lbs I don't think there's gonna be much board-building going on!

West
Wind Whore

Post by West » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:56 am

The beauty of Corpus is that it blows so damn much, all of the freakin' time, that there is always a chance to lay up a couple of boards....I mean you can only kite 12 hours a day.....you gotta put down the kite sometime. How else are you going to grab a Shiner Bock and a taco, you only got two hands!!

Yeah Cory, they would kill it in the Sound at Hatteras: in fact, if you would pull that boat of yours into a slip at the harbor, you'd be amazed how they RIP up an Atlantic wave. :lol:

As for the name change. Jerry's partner with OG moved to Australia. For simplicity's sake, he decided to start making his own boards under a new name. Construction is the same, designs are the same; and they are still hand-crafted in his shop, only the name has changed. Out with the O, in with the BRO!!!!

There is something to be said about making a board, one at a time, by hand, in the good ol' US of A. It's a little different than making 'em en masse, by machine, in "god only knows where". For a simple analogy....would you rather have a home-baked PIE, or a store-bought PIE....a scrumptious garden-fresh tomato, or a tasteless supermarket tomato....a micro-brewed Spotted Cow, or a ..........well you get the picture. As they say, the proof is in the Puddin'!!!!

Just about ready to turn the little Toyota truck SOUTH, to the Gulf of Mexico and the Laguna Madre.....to the windiest spot in the continental United States...to a place called Corpus Christi, also known as "kiting heaven". Don't say I didn't tell you so!! :roll:

West
Wind Whore

Post by West » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:56 am

Finally pulling out of Chicago heading to Corpus. The same winds that are going to warm-up the Chicago area this weekend are going to FIRE-UP the Laguna Madre......25-30 SE winds for a week straight are forecast!!

Getting the new "skins" for the boards next week, should have the first couple of BROKITE boards made by next weekend. First batch will be ready to ride by the time the Chicago crew makes it down for some shreddin' in South Texas on May 5th. Time to turn the page.

If you are interested in getting me to bring one back for you, get in touch with me by pm....already bringing several back, no shipping charges....back in Chicago, 2nd week of May.

Jerry and I will post some pics of the progress, and the ripping. Tacos, Shiner Bock, and Winds that just don't stop!! CORPUS

jarch
Boosticus Maximus

Post by jarch » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:12 am

Awwww yeah buddy. Don't take all the wind down there...save some for when V and I arrive on the 1st. Make sure to shake the rocks! Can"t wait!!!

Misfit
Wind Whore

Post by Misfit » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:37 pm

Yo West,
i'd love to park the bardges and give one a try. hopefully we'll meet up this summer.

Good luck and great winds for you in Corpus

Cory

tog0713
Zen Levitator

Bro Boards Details

Post by tog0713 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:00 am

West,

Wanted to wish you the best with your new line of Bro Boards. Do you have a WEB site? And...could you give some details on type of construction and sizes?

Regards,
Tim

West
Wind Whore

Post by West » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:32 am

Tim, good to hear from you. I'll give some more details w PICS when we start the presses!!!!

Corpus is hammering...it blew for a week straight before I got here, and its been 4 solid days in a row. Already blowing 35 in the Laguna, and I am rigging a 7m at 7:30 am. Doing a downwinder this afternoon.

Been dialing in my new Caution kites, and digging 'em. Got a sesh in the surf yesterday, 12m. and headhigh..Kiting till sunset everyday. Unreal, just like always. No end in sight for the wind in Corpus, The rest of the crew shows up tomorrow and it is going to be windy through the weekend.

Got the shop all cleaned up and about to get the materials all lined up. Just waiting on materials. Should be building early next week.

And don't worry Jarch, there's more than enough wind to share. Looking forward to showing the boyz some killer riding spots.

jarch
Boosticus Maximus

Post by jarch » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:01 am

Awwww yeah buddy. I was looking at google earth last night and have some little islands upwind of Lola in mind...lead us to the promised land brutha!!!!

V
Unstrapped!

Post by V » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:37 pm

brokite.com for now just a place-holder, but look for changes soon!

jarch
Boosticus Maximus

Post by jarch » Fri May 01, 2009 7:39 am

It's on!

Saturday...Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Windy. Highs in the upper 80s inland...in the mid 80s coast. Southeast winds 15 to 25 mph increasing to 25 to 35 mph in the afternoon.

Saturday Night...Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly cloudy. Windy. Lows in the mid 70s. Southeast winds 20 to 30 mph decreasing to 15 to 25 mph after midnight.

Sunday...Mostly cloudy. A less than 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Breezy. Highs in the upper 80s inland...in the mid 80s coast. Southeast winds 15 to 20 mph increasing to south 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon.

Misfit
Wind Whore

Post by Misfit » Fri May 01, 2009 8:08 am

Sounds like a killer forecast. Send photos so I can remember what kiting looks like.

Have Fun!

Cory

West
Wind Whore

Post by West » Fri May 01, 2009 9:08 am

:D :D :D Out of control!!!!!!!!! 7m for breakfast and 7m for dinner.....absolutely over the top riding. Had to keep asking myself, "Is this real"?

Checked out a remote area in the Laguna, where the only mode of transportation is by kiting....tooo shallow for anything else to enter. A total Kiteboarding Disney. Mind blowing, just how damn smooth it can get with 35 knots.......Can't wait to take the clan there, going to be one for the ages.

Oh yeah, and no end in sight......15-25 building to 25-30, the next 3-4 days.....SE,SE,SE,SE.........sunrise to sunset.......CORPUS!!!!!! :D :D :D