Killer beach house on lake Michigan

Did your time away from the rat race serve you well? Don't hold out on the crew. Post the details so we can rent the room you trashed last week.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

bfaunt
Kiter Noob

Killer beach house on lake Michigan

Post by bfaunt » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:09 pm

Hi fellow kite surfers! I just joined this group. I own a nice beach house on Lake Michigan about 3 hours from downtown Chicago. Look up the location by typing in "Lifeguard Rd Montague, Mi" in the search bar. My house is directly on Lake Michigan about 800 feet north of White Lake Channel and Medbery Park. I have met Detroit kiters who drive 4 hours just to kite this spot for the day!

I am exploring interest in renting my place out by the room or whole house (4 bedrooms) for weekends in the future. The beach is all sand, with room to launch and land in several places. Last time I was there we had around 10 kiters along this stretch. Winds are usually SW, W, or NW which is great for kiting. Easterlies are bad. If due north or south it may work, or drive ~40 minutes to Little Point Sable which is notoriously windier and sticks out which is supposedly better for N and S winds.

If the wind isn't in or you want to do other activities This is also an excellent place for bagging rays, volleyball (of course!), and also for road bike riding. There are many excellent roads with no traffic as well as a 35 mile (one way) Hart-Montague bike trail.

FYI, I may pick up a jet ski for rescue situations for newbies on weekends when I am there.

I hope this type of note is ok for the forum. If interested let me know your contact info and when I decide to make it available I'll let you know!!

Best, Bill
bfaunt@hotmail.com