NEW or USED kites?

If you got some new digs, thinkin its gonna help your kiting step-up to the next level, blow out your used gear here and watch that grom shred harder than you on your old kite.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

vycko
Chop Wrestler

NEW or USED kites?

Post by vycko » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:29 pm

Hey everybody,

I am new to kiteboarding and right now I am looking for a 16mkite. Just wanted to ask about buying experiences- new or used???? Any suggestions would be really helpfull!!!

Vycko

V
Unstrapped!

Post by V » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:38 pm

Hi, I didn't realize you were in Madison, WI when we emailed. Bob in madison is selling some kites cheap, and in great shape - he's local so you should contact him. He has a good reputation. Check in the used gear section for a post by Bob with kiteriders. his email should be available as a button below his post. He teaches on lake monona which is right in town. I will also be up in Madison for "kites on ice" in early February so we should get together! Sudieu!

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:57 pm

V,

Thanks for the referral. really appreciate it.

BTW: I think I just talked to him on the phone and to others out there, make sure that guys/girls just getting into the sport get a smaller kite for the first one. Someone said a 16m would be good for a first kite for winter and summer. No way. A 9m or 10m should most always be the first for a 175lb-200lb guy. Even smaller for lighter guys and women.

Keep your eyes out for Kites on Ice info coming soon. Some really cool things going on this year, but I can't say anything yet. Carrott...pull away...sorry dude.

later,
bob

vycko
Chop Wrestler

Post by vycko » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:04 pm

thank you guys's.... :)

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:13 pm

no problem. glad to help. let me know soon if you're still interested in the 10m CO2. I just got another email for that kite today, but want to make sure you had first dibs. If not, no problem.
Thanks,
Bob