Time to run the annual arriving time contest for when we arrive in OBX (Outer Banks aka, Cape Hatteras) this week. 13th - 27th of Oct.
I'm super late on getting this out, so reply asap.
Contest closes once we leave, so you have only about a day and a half to enter your guess. Rules:
1) Post your time of arrival. Time will be Eastern Standard time.
2) Time is entered the exact moment we cross the first houses in Mirlo Beach which is by S - Turns and where the old Nights at Rodanthe house used to be.
3) 3 prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
4) Enter once only.Hints:
1) We're leaving Friday the 12th. Morning or afternoon, not yet sure. Depends somewhat on the winds for Saturday. Hint, hint.
2) It's taken us anywhere between 19-22 hours in the past. Bob and Jens are exempt from entering.
3) We're taking any rock shaking acts to help with the winds.
Below is some info on the trip in general not related to the contest.
I didn't post anything yet about the trip due to it completely filling up this year by word of mouth and by others who have wanted to go in previous years. I'm very humbled by this and stoked on having an incredible house right on the sound.
Here's a link to the house.http://www.outerbeaches.com/OuterBanks/
There are 2 more houses from our area during the same time, so it's bound to be a great trip all around. Can't wait to see everyone.
There's been a lot of surf board riding in recent years and we'll have the following for us to all use and try.
Surf Boards (all demos):
1) 2 Slingshot Dialer 5'10" light wind board and Celeritas 5'11" light to medium wind board.
2) 2 Cabrinha boards to be delivered in OBX. Skillet and Sub woofer light wind board.
3) Lib Tech surf board that is being tried as a kite board. Bomber construction and light weight. 6'0"
4) Litewave 6'1" DV8 - Full deck pad thin profile design. Also bringing a new 5'7" DV8 for sale.
5) Underground 6'2" Freewave - Full deck pad thin profile design.
Some SUP's from JP Australia (Cruiser Carbon, All Around and Wide Body) are on the way in case there's no wind.
Kites from Cabrinha, Slingshot, Epic, Blade and RRD to try. Might be a few others also and going to do our best to get a good light wind test session going on some of the better light wind kites be theses companies.
Axis Kiteboards is taking over where Underground left off and I'll have some of the first Axis boards in the country to try. Thanks Adrian Roper.
If anyone is interested in any feedback on any of this gear, let me know. We have an incredible crew who is very forthright in opinions and feedback on gear.
Good luck with the contest.